Donations are vital for our organization to thrive and maintenance of trust between us and our donors is of great importance. This policy will provide transparency to the practices, policies, and procedures for the collection, use, and protection of information relating to donors and prospective donors.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address. We collect and store the personally identifiable information that you have provided us. Here are some examples of ways in which we may collect your information:
- When you request information via one of the email addresses identified on our website or otherwise contact us in person, by phone or email, with a question, we may then collect your name, address and email in order to respond to that inquiry.
- We may collect your name, email address and other contact information if you register for an event.
We may collect your name, email address, telephone number and payment information when you make a contribution, either on our website, over the phone, or by mailing in a check. The above list provides a sample of Personal Information that may be collected by STAR. From time to time, we may collect Personal Information from you in ways not described above.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We will not sell, trade, or share your personal information, collected on the website or through any other business activities with anyone else.
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We will only share your personal information if you give us specific permission to do so.
- We will collect payment information, billing address, and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We will use your personal information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect, and defend our rights or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of others.